Web Programming with Perl Course Description:
If you already know the concepts of modules, object-oriented method syntax, references, and want to program for the web, this course is for you. The primary objective of this course is to understand how to write CGI programs, to create and use interactive forms, how to make a Perl program pretend to be a web browser, and how to parse and restructure HTML using commonly available modules.
You will learn:
- Use of the CGI.pm module to create HTML and to process forms
- Use of CGI.pm to maintain a persistent state (with or without cookies) across multiple forms
- Use of the WWW::Mechanize module to talk to a web server as if you were a browser and download pages
- How to parse HTML, extract hyperlinks, and read and set cookies
- How to secure your programs
This course is for the graduate of the "Object-Oriented Perl" course, or someone with equivalent expertise: You know the syntax for object-oriented methods and inheritance, what the 'use' statement does, and how to construct lists of lists.